If you cannot Access D2L Email:
One of the quiz settings in D2L allows the instructor to disable access to communication tools within the course while a student is taking the quiz. If you are taking a quiz that has this setting enabled, and you have not yet submitted the quiz for grading, you will be unable to access Email, Instant Message, or Alerts tools. In this situation, if you attempt to access Email, Instant Message or any Alerts in the Minibar via Collaboration > Email, you will receive a message with a link to the quiz that has not been submitted.
If you have encountered the message above, please follow the steps below:
- Click on any of the ‘Message alert’ icons in the minibar.
- You should see a clickable link for each quiz you need to submit.
- Complete and submit each quiz listed there.
- If you are unable to submit the quiz, contact your instructor.
- Once you have submitted the quizzes listed in your ‘Message alert’ area, you should then be able to access D2L Email and Instant Message.