If you cannot Access D2L Email:
One of the quiz settings in D2L allows the instructor to disable access to communication tools within the course while a student is taking the quiz. If you are taking a quiz that has this setting enabled, and you have not yet submitted the quiz for grading, you will be unable to access Email, Pager, or Alerts tools. In this situation, if you attempt to access Email via Communication > Email, you will receive a ‘Not Authorized’ error message.
If you encounter the error message above, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Message alerts’ icon in the minibar.
- You should see a clickable link for each quiz you need to submit.
- Complete and submit each quiz listed there.
- If you are unable to submit the quiz, contact your instructor.
- Once you have submitted the quizzes listed in your ‘Message alerts’ area, you should then be able to access Brightspace Email and Pager.