Try the following:
- Use a supported browser to navigate to the exam and LockDown Browser will launch automatically when it is required.
- Avoid using wireless connections when taking tests if possible. Wireless dropout can cause issues with exams and prevent you from completing them. If you are on a wired connection and LockDown Browser freezes, try the following steps:
- Restart your device.
- Re-open LockDown browser and attempt to return to the exam. As long as the time limit for the exam has not expired you should be able to continue from where you left off.
- Try a different computer.
If you are still unable to resume your exam contact the Service Desk.
Contact the Service Desk
- Contact the Service Desk to document the problem and get an Incident number to relay to your instructor.
- The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
Please have the following information ready:
- Class name with section number (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001)
- Quiz name
- Quiz due date or date range
- Browser and version you are using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox ESR 43.0.1, etc.)
- Note if LockDown Browser is required
- Note the steps you took so the technician can duplicate the problem.
- Contact the instructor regarding retakes or additional attempts.
- Provide your instructor with the incident number.
Call 832.813.6600 (toll-free 866.614.5014)