In order to have the best experience using Respondus LockDown Browser, please read these helpful hints.
BEFORE Running LockDown Browser on your computer:
- If you have a Mac: Make sure the computer has Safari 6.0 (or 5.1. maintenance support only)
- See if your instructor has any special instructions.
- Make sure your computer meets these minimum requirements.
- Use a supported browser to navigate to the exam and LockDown Browser will launch automatically when it is required.
- Make sure all other programs are stopped or closed.
- If the test contains videos, see the help document on installing Flash.
Before Using LockDown Browser for a Test:
- Make sure LockDown Browser is required. If a quiz or exam requires the LockDown Browser it will say so in the title.
- Plan to take the test well before the due date.
- Plan to allow plenty of time.
During a Test:
- Click SAVE after answering EACH question. Do not wait until you are finished.
- To insert Special Characters use the 'symbol' icon at the top of the browser screen.
- If the LockDown Browser freezes:
- Try to refresh using the refresh icon on the browser
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Reboot the computer without submitting the quiz.
This allows you to log back into the test on a different computer if you have not run out of time.
- Contact the HelpDesk: Student Technical Support
After the test:
- Let your instructor know what happened in as much detail as possible.
- Forward any technical documentation you may have received from the helpdesk to your instructor.
- Send your instructor your support ticket number so they can follow up.
• Respondus.com Knowledgebase