Occasionally an instructor cannot open a file submitted to a dropbox or attached to an email or discussion. This could be a corrupt file or simply saved in the wrong format.
Try the following:
- Make sure the file was in the requested format.
- If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can save the file from other word processing software as RTF (Rich Text Format).
- Ask your instructor if a PDF would be acceptable.
- If it is a special file type that is not supported in the dropbox, you can Zip the file.
- In Windows, you can right click on the file and Send to compressed folder (zip).
- Open the file in your software again and save it with a new name.
Contact the Service Desk
- Contact the Service Desk to document the problem and get an Incident number to relay to your instructor.
- The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
Please have the following information ready:
- Class name with section number (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001)
- Browser and version you are using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox ESR 43.0.1 etc.)
- Note the steps you took so the technician can duplicate the problem.
- Note any error messages exactly. Take screen shot if possible.
- Provide your instructor with the incident number.
Call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014)