If you are unable to upload a recording or other large file to a dropbox, be aware the the file size limit for uploads to a dropbox is 250 MB.
If that is not the problem, try the following:
- Make sure you are using one of the Browsers Supported by Brightspace.
- Save the file to a computer from a flash drive before uploading.
- Your connection to the Internet may be poor.
- Use a wired connection, rather than wireless.
- Upload from a campus lab computer.
- Zip the file to compress the size.
This also hides the file type from Brightspace if the file type is not recognizable.
Contact the Service Desk
- Contact the Service Desk to document the problem and get an Incident number to relay to your instructor.
- The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
Please have the following information ready:
- Class name with section number (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001)
- Browser and version you are using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox ESR 43.0.1 etc.)
- Note the steps you took so the technician can duplicate the problem.
- Note any error messages exactly. Take a screen shot if possible.
- Provide your instructor with the incident number.
Call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014)