Tasks can help to keep course events distinct from your personal tasks. Use Tasks to break up a big assignment into sub-tasks to stay on top of all your due dates. Tasks is located on the right side of your D2L course or home page in the Calendar area.
- On the D2L homepage or the start page of your course, find Tasks on the right side of the page below the Calendar. Click once on Add a task and type in a short task name. When you press enter or click the mouse outside the Tasks box the task is saved automatically and displays with a checkbox and drop-down arrow.
- Click the checkbox to mark the task as completed or use the arrow to add notes, a due date or delete the task.
- Use the View Completed Tasks link to review or delete tasks that have been completed.
Adding task details
- Click the task name to show task details.
- If your task does not have a due date, click directly on the Due date field to bring up a date selector, then select a due date, and click the Save due date icon.
- Click on the Add a note... field to add explanatory notes to your task. Click outside the text field to save your note.
Mark a task complete
- Select the check box beside the task name in the task pane. The task disappears from view, but remains in your searchable task archive.
Marking all tasks complete
- Select Set all Completed from the Tasks context menu.
NOTE: Tasks will only disappear when you mark them completed if you select Hide completed tasks in the drop-down list under Completed Tasks in Settings.