You may encounter technical issues that require a quick response. The OTS Service Desk is available 24/7/365.
To Contact the Service Desk
- You can email the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat with the an agent, or phone the Service Desk at 832-813-6600 (toll-free 866-614-5014).
Please have the following information ready:
- Class name with section number (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001).
- Browser and version you are using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox ESR 43.0.1 etc).
- Note the steps you took so the technician can duplicate the problem.
- Note any error messages exactly. Take a screenshot if possible.
- Provide your instructor with the incident number.
- The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
If You Need To Contact Your Instructor About Your Issue
In an email to your instructor, explain what happened and when. Be specific and detailed. Explain why you contacted the Service Desk and what information they were able to give you. Include the Incident number that you received from the Service Desk.
Contact the Instructor
- Email the instructor within the course.
- See Using Classlist.
- Use our Contact Directory to locate your instructor's contact information.
Reasons You May Need to Contact the Service Desk
- Navigating myLoneStar
- Unable to Access myLoneStar or D2L
- I Can't Access My Email
- Classes Listed Are Not Correct
- Problems Taking Online Exams (always contact the Service Desk right if you encounter a problem while taking a quiz)
- My Name is Incorrect in D2L
Unable to Upload Recordings or Other Large Files to Assignment
- Unable to View Videos
- Use a Digital Signature
- Where Can I Find the Syllabus for My Class?
- Unable to View Content