Video Note is available in any tool with an HTML editor. You can add videos to assignment submissions, discussion posts, email, etc.. The method varies slightly depending on the course tool you are using.
Using Record Video
- From the Attachments area of the tool you are in, click Record Video.
- Click New Recording and record your video.
- Click Stop Recording when you finish recording.
- To re-record your note, click New Recording. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Add.
- Enter a title and description of your video note. The text you provide in these fields becomes searchable if faculty have granted permission to search and insert other people's video notes. Click Add.
NOTE: If you are unable to record using Video Note, you can create a video file in other software and use Add a File to upload your video.
Using Insert Stuff
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- Follow the instructions for Using Record Video above.
- If you are satisfied with your recording click Next.
- Click Insert to insert the file into the HTML editor or use the Back button to return to the previous page if you wish to re-record your video.You can preview the video note before you insert it but you may have to refresh the screen first.
- Click Submit to complete the process.