Your success at Lone Star College is important to us. LSC-Online advisors are available to assist students with advising services related to courses offered in an online format. Some of these services include general advising, registration, the add/drop/withdrawal process, and degree planning.
Online Readiness Tool
The SmarterMeasure Learning Readiness Indicator is an assessment tool that identifies a potential or current Lone Star College student’s level of readiness for studying in an online course environment. Use the tool to measure your technical skills and get feedback on your learning style. Use the login information below, and take the free assessment here.
Student Orientation for Online Courses
Current students can only access their online courses after completing the Student Orientation for Online Courses. This orientation has been developed to help students with online course functions like uploading assignments, taking quizzes, sharing discussions, and more.
To access the Student Orientation for Online Courses:
- Login to myLoneStar and locate the "LSC Online (Online Classes)" tab on the left side of the screen.
Once the link has been clicked, a small window will open displaying a green button with the option to "View My Online Classes."
- Click on this button, and you will find the Student Orientation for Online Classes listed under "Resources > Resources"
Make sure both are toggled open.
- Start your orientation.
Online Tutoring Support
Students taking online and hybrid courses at Lone Star College can access the online tutoring center, writing lab, and study center from the myLoneStar portal. Online tutoring is available 24/7 with access to practice quizzes, flashcards, an online writing center, and more.
- Login to myLoneStar to find the online tutoring center under the LSC-Online in the left menu.
Live Chat and Scheduling Assistance
All students that are enrolled in only online classes or enrolled in an online EDUC 1300 course have access to live chat with an online advisor.
- If you are not a fully online student, see LSC Advising and look for your campus' contact information.
- Simply click on the “LSC-ONLINE” link on the left hand menu.
- Select “Online Chat” to begin your chat session.
|Monday||11:30 am||-||5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am||-||5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am||-||5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am||-||5:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am||-||1:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||-||1:00 pm|
*Students must sign in 30 minutes before closing to see an advisor.
If you are not a fully online student see LSC Advising and look for your campus' contact information.