Video Note is available in any tool with an HTML editor.
Using Record Video
- From the Attachments area of the tool you are in, click Record Video.
- When the Flash player prompts you to allow camera and microphone access, click Allow.
[This no longer works in some browsers. If you have this problem see note below.]
- Click New Recording and record your video.
- Click Stop Recording when you finish recording.
- To preview your video note, click the Play button.
- To re-record your note, click New Recording. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Add.
- Enter a title and description of your video note. The text you provide in these fields becomes searchable if users have permission to search and insert other people's video notes.
- Click Add.
NOTE: If you are unable to record using Video Note, you can create a video file in other software and use Add a File to upload your video.
Using Insert Stuff
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- Follow the instructions from Using Record Video above.
- If you are satisfied with your recording click Next.
- You can preview the video note before you insert it but you may have to refresh the screen first.
- Click Insert to insert the file into the HTML editor or use the Back button to return to the previous page if you wish to re-record your video.
- Click Submit to complete the process.