Now the Respondus LockDown Browser “auto-launches” from a standard browser in Brightspace when a quiz requires it.
Beginning June 1, 2017, the process changed. Students will no longer launch LockDown Browser using a desktop shortcut and then log into Brightspace. If they attempt to do that, they will encounter this message:
LockDown Browser shouldn't be started manually. Use a standard browser (eg. Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.) to navigate to the exam and LockDown Browser will launch automatically when it's required.
Instead, do the following:
- Return to one of the Browsers Supported by Brightspace and begin your test.
- You will be prompted to download and install the lockdown browser if you have not already installed the current version.
- Then it will launch automatically.
- Complete your test.
If you still cannot install and launch the lockdown browser, contact the Service Desk.
Contact the Service Desk
- Contact the Service Desk to document the problem and get an Incident number to relay to your instructor.
- The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
- If they cannot resolve your issue, a ticket will be sent to LSC-Online and someone will contact you.
Please have the following information ready:
- Class name with section number (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001).
- The Test name.
- Browser and version you are using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox ESR 43.0.1 etc).
- Note the steps you took so the technician can duplicate the problem.
- Note any error messages exactly. Take a screenshot if possible.
- Provide your instructor with the incident number.
Call 832.813.6600 (toll-free 866.614.5014)