Signing into D2L Pulse
- Tap on “Pick Your School.” Search for and choose “LSCS.”
- Sign in using your Lone Star College username and password.
The Calendar tab (located at the bottom of the screen) includes Week and Schedule sub-tabs (located at the top of the screen) to toggle between the views:
- In Week view, the activity list only shows activities for the selected day, and the graph displays the week's activities at a glance.
- Schedule displays a list of all activities for the duration of your courses, and the graph does not display.
- In Week view, the graph indicates which days are the busiest.
- Navigate weeks by swiping left/right. As you navigate, the activity list updates.
- Tapping a day updates the activity list.
- The activity summary displays the active date.
- The activity list displays the following activities: To-dos, Readings, Assignments, or Evaluations.
- Navigate activities by swiping up or down.
- Swiping left/right moves to the next/previous week. As you navigate, the graph updates.
- Tapping an activity displays detailed information and actions you can perform.
- Tapping a checkmark icon marks the activity as complete
- Fill in any gaps in your schedule by tapping the Add activity icon.
- Tap the Course filter icon to edit course names or filter by Courses and Activities.
- View course content updates from D2L Learning Environment by tapping the Notifications icon.
- Tap the Settings icon to log out, provide feedback, or view the version number. On Android, the Settings icon is three lines.
- Now you can see your Course List and the Table of Contents by clicking Course List icon.
Activity categories in D2L Pulse
D2L Pulse displays the following activity categories, which are mapped from the D2L Learning Environment:
Assignment folder, Discussion topic, Checklist, Survey
Quiz, Grade item
None. A To Do activity is personal data created in Pulse by the student.
Viewing and editing activities
From the activity list, tapping an activity displays more details.
Activity details in D2L Pulse
- Activity Title and Course.
A personal activity is identified by a Personal label:
- Activity details:
- Due date.
- Grade worth. (This value is initially empty and must be set by the student.)
- Activity notes. (For example, special instructions for an assignment.)
- Tap Open in Safari (iOS) or Open in Browser (Android) to open the activity in D2L Learning Environment (for example, an exam in the Quizzes tool).
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that you take tests and make submissions using a computer.
- Tap Edit to edit the activity details.
Calendar Views - Schedule & Week
- In the Week view, you see a graph of the activities you have due during a given week.
- Slide the graph left or right to see different weeks.
- If you tap on a certain date, you will see exactly what is due on that date.
- To see your assignments in a list view, tap the icon at the top of the courses screen that says Schedule.
- Mark an activity as done by tapping the checkmark next to the title of the assignment.
- Choose the courses from which you would like to see information.
- Tap the Course filter icon.
- Remove the checkmark from classes you do not want to see.
Notification Views - Updates and Subscriptions
Tap on the Notifications icon.
- Tap on Updates to view a grade or list of new items in a course.
- Tap on the assignment.
- Then swipe left to display the grade.
- Tap on the assignment.
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Subscribed topics are listed. Those that have updates will have a number showing how many updates are available in each topic.
- For discussions you have subscribed to you can read all the posts in the thread. At the bottom of the screen, you will find a field where you can reply to the thread.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that you take tests, post or submit graded activities using a computer.
Log out of D2L Pulse
- Tap the Settings icon: (iOS) (Android)
- Tap Sign Out.