Video Note is available in any tool with an HTML editor. You can add videos to assignment submissions, discussion posts, email, etc.. The method varies slightly depending on the course tool you are using.
Using Insert Stuff
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- Click New Recording and record your video.
NOTE: If you cannot begin recording a hidden popup window may be asking if you want to allow D2L to use your camera and microphone. Make sure to choose the correct hardware if there is a choice.
- Click Stop Recording when you finish recording.
- To re-record your note, click New Recording. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Add.
- If you are satisfied with your recording, enter a title and description of your video note. The text you provide in these fields becomes searchable if faculty have granted permission to search and insert other people's video notes. Click Add.
NOTE: If you are unable to record using Video Note, you can create a video file in other software and use Add a File to upload your video.
- Click Insert to insert the file into the HTML editor or use the Back button to return to the previous page if you wish to re-record your video.You can preview the video note before you insert it but you may have to refresh the screen first.
- Finish your discussion post and click Post.