You may see a course in your Brightspace course list that is similar to the one you signed up for but with a different section number. Instructors have the ability to merge similar classes together. Also, at times due to enrollment, sections may be combined by the administration.
- Try refreshing the browser to be sure the page displayed is current.
- See if the section number is listed in your course list in the Student Center in the MyLonestar portal.
- Email the instructor if the Classlist in the Brightspace course shows the same instructor as your classes in MyLonestar.
- Verify your course enrollment documentation, note the name and section number of the correct course (e.g. PSYC-2301 1001).
Contact the Instructor
- Email within the course.
- See Using Classlist.
- Use our Contact Directory to locate your instructor's contact information.
Contact the Service Desk
Contact the Service Desk to document the problem. The technician will document the issue and provide you with an incident number.
Please have the following information ready:
- The class name with the section number of both the incorrect class and the correct class (e.g. PSYC-2302 1001 vs. PSYC-2301 1001).
Call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014)