The Email tool allows you to send an email within D2L. You can also organize received mail using folders and store email addresses using the Address Book.
To Read or Reply to Email
There are 2 ways to access D2L email.
- On the Minibar, click on the Messages icon. (If you see a red dot on the Messages icon, it means you have unread email messages.)
- Or via the navbar, click on Collaboration and select Email from the drop-down list.
Composing an Original Email
- Go to Collaboration > Classlist.
- Click on the name of the Professor, or the student you want to email.
- The “Compose New Message” dialog box appears, with the email address in the “To:” line.
- You can Change the Subject line. Highlight the course name on the line and start typing a new subject. (It may be useful to keep the Course ID and section.)
- Add your email message in the Body.
Selecting the Priority of your message
The Priority arrow, at the bottom right of the message window, allows you to designate your message as urgent. If your message is urgent, you can select High by using the arrow next to Priority button. The Priority choices are Low, Normal, and High.
Attaching Files to your email message
If you scroll to the bottom of the email message window, you can attach a document or multiple documents to your email message.
- To attach one or more files, click the Upload button at the bottom left of the window.
- Navigate to where the file is located on your computer, select the file, and click the Open button.
- Your file(s) will appear under the Upload button.
- If you attached the wrong file, just click the X next to the filename and you can remove this file.
To create a Video recording
- If you would like to create a new recording, click the arrow next to Record button and select either Record Video or Record Audio. To record video, choose Record Video.
- The Video Capture screen appears.
- If denied by Flash, click the Allow button on the Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog box.
- Click the Record button and record a message up to 10 minutes.
- Click the Stop button to stop recording.
- Click the Play button to review your recording.
- There are Clear and Flash Settings buttons. The Clear button will remove the current recording and the Flash Settings will display the flash dialog box:
- Click the Add button. A Video Capture dialog box appears for you to enter a title and optional Description
- Enter a title and description.
- Then click the Add button, or click the Cancel button to end the video capture.
Sending or Saving the Email
- When you have completed the email message, click the Send button.
- If for some reason you must wait to send, then click the Save as Draft button. A message appears that the draft was saved successfully.
- A draft of your email message will be saved in the Drafts folder for you to continue the email message at a later time.