The D2L Virtual Assistant can help facilitate communication, assisting with inquiries, and pointing you towards the right direction for further assistance. If you have simple questions or need direction on a specific issue, you can turn to the virtual assistant for help.
At any time when navigating D2L, in the bottom right corner of your screen, you can see the option [Get Help]. Clicking this option will open the D2L Virtual Assistant.
Using the Virtual Assistant
- Upon opening the D2L Virtual Assistant, you may be greeted with "Hi, how can I help you?" Click [Start].
- After clicking [Start], or if you did not see the initial greeting, it will bring up the available options: [Financial Aid], [Student Services], [OTS], [Faculty VTAC Self-Service], [Faculty VTAC Agent Support], and [I have a different question].
NOTE: At any time, you can click the [Refresh] icon to return to the beginning or click the [Close] icon to close the Virtual Assistant.
Virtual Assistant Options
Selecting [Financial Aid] will generate a link to the Financial Aid information page.
Selecting [Student Services] will generate a link to the Student Services information page.
IT Service Desk
Choosing [Get IT Help! (myLoneStar Issues, Campus computers, Office 365, Webex, and Adobe Creative Cloud)] will provide you with the contact information for the IT Service Desk so you can get immediate assistance. For more information on the IT Service Desk, the services they offer, and what LSC technologies they support, you can visit their information page on the Lone Star College website.
Faculty VTAC Self-Service - (Faculty ONLY)
Choosing [Faculty VTAC Self-Service (Course Merge, Verify Roster, Extend Access)] will provide multiple options to view the VTAC Self-Service page. These options are not available for students.
Faculty VTAC Agent Support - (Faculty ONLY)
Choosing [Faculty VTAC Agent Support (3rd Party Integration, Course Design)] will bring up options to schedule VTAC appointments. These options are not available for students.
I have a different question
- Choosing [I have a different question] will bring up a text box where you can enter any question.
- Enter your question and click [Send]. You can also click [Never mind] to return to the beginning.
- The Virtual Assistance will search D2L's documentation site for the most closely related article(s) to your question. Click [Read Article] to read the full text of the article.
- If multiple articles appear, you can click each one to switch between them.
- When viewing the full text of an article, you can click the [Back] button to return to the Virtual Assistant, or click the [Expand] button to open the full version of the article on the D2L Documentation site.
- Once you have finished reading an article, you will be asked Was I able to help you resolve your question? You can respond with [Yes, thank you!] or [No, I need more help.].
- If you choose [Yes, thank you!], you will be asked if you Still need help? You can answer with [Yes, I have another question.], [Contact Support], or [Ask the Community]. if you choose [No, I need more help.], you will be asked What would you like to do next? You can choose [Contact Support.], [Ask another question.], or [Ask the Community.].
- If you choose [Contact Support.], it will allow you to create a ticket with the D2L Helpdesk. Enter a Description and a Phone Number you can be reached at, and click [Send] (You can also change the user email if you would like to be contacted at an email address other than your LoneStar Email Address). If you change your mind, you can click [Never mind].
- If you choose [Ask the Community.], you will be taken to the D2L Documentation site.
- If you choose [Yes, I have another question.] or [Ask another question.], you will be taken back to the beginning.