The refund date is calculated from the session "Begin Date" listed on the class schedule and includes Saturday and Sunday. A Tuesday/Thursday class within a 16-week session would start counting on the session "Begin Date" (normally a Monday) to determine the refund date. Lone Star College System offers over 40 different sessions within any long semester (Fall & Spring) so Admissions & Records cannot provide or guarantee a generic date or number of days for refund dates or last day to drop dates. Refund dates for mini-mesters, summer, and fast tracks have a very short window due to the length of the session.
Use the sample chart below to determine your refund date:
- Go to your Student Center in myLonestar and click on your Class Schedule.
- Click on the hyperlinked blue section number to display the course details.
- Take note of the "Session name" and "Start date". Use this information to calculate your refund date.
- Session Name - This is the length of the session in weeks.
- Last day for 70% refund - This is the day number starting on the first day of the session not the first meeting day of the class.
- Last day for 25% refund - Same as above.
See also Drop an Online Course (Before and After Start Date)