You may receive the following error when you try to access your email:
A quiz setting can disable access to communication tools while a student is taking the quiz. If you are taking a quiz that has this setting enabled, and you have started but not submitted the quiz, you will be unable to access the Email, Instant Message, or Alerts tools through the minibar or the Collaboration menu. If you attempt to access Email, Instant Messages, or any Alerts in the Minibar, you will receive a message with a link to the quiz or quizzes that have not been submitted.
If you encounter the message above, please follow the steps below:
- Click on any of the "Message alert" icons in the minibar.
- You should see a clickable link for each quiz you need to submit.
- Click the link to be taken to a quiz.
- Complete and Submit each quiz listed there.
- If you are unable to submit the quiz, contact your instructor.
- Once you have submitted the quizzes listed in your "Message alert" area, you should then be able to access the D2L Email and Instant Message tools.