You have two choices for contacting your instructor - in D2L or through the external Lone Star email system. You can try using one or both; once courses have started, your professors will generally tell you how they prefer to be contacted.
Contact the Instructor in D2L
- Click on your course in the My Courses Widget.
- Click on Collaboration and choose Classlist.
- Click on the Faculty tab, then click the faculty member's name.
- A window will pop up in which you can compose your email. The professor's D2L email address will be in the To: field and the course name will be in the Subject: field.
Contact the Instructor Outside D2L
- Use the Contact Directory to locate your instructor's contact information.
- Use your my.lonestar.edu email address to email your instructor's lonestar.edu email address.
NOTE: See The Difference Between D2L Email and myLoneStar Email for more information.