What Is A Proctored Exam?
Some courses require students to take proctored exams. A proctored exam is supervised either at an in-person testing center or by an online proctor.
Lone Star College Testing Centers provide a variety of testing services to students, including but not limited to Placement Exams, Make-up Exams/LSC-Online Exams, Correspondence Exams, Challenge Exams, Foreign Language Exams, and Exams for students approved for ADA Accommodations.
- Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is software students can download that controls the computer during a test, preventing the student from accessing other software, files, or the internet.
SmarterProctoring is an online proctoring service that allows students to schedule exam sessions that record the student for the entire exam session. Through the Spring 2020 semester there will be no cost to the student for this service. Contact your instructor for availability.
- ProctorU provides two online proctoring services:
- ProctorU Review+ provides live proctored ID verification. Once ID has been verified, the student's webcam and screen are recorded for later review by a live proctor. Live proctors will review any instances that are flagged by the system as irregular and will escalate all suspicious behavior to the instructor. This service also retains recordings of each session that the instructor can review.
- ProctorU Live+ is a live online proctoring service which allows students to schedule exam sessions with a live proctor who will monitor the entire testing session.
- See Proctoring Options for Online Quizzes for comparison.