TechSmith Knowmia videos provide the ability to caption videos in a straightforward fashion. See below:
NOTE: LSC-Online does not have caption editors or caption administrators available.
WARNING: If you have added captions to a video and later edit the video, all captions will be removed.
You can edit the videos you have created with TechSmith Knowmia.
You can upload video that is not created with TechSmith Knowmia into your TechSmith Knowmia library. Learn more about Uploading Existing Media.
After you have multiple videos stored in your TechSmith Knowmia library, you may want to organize them so that it's easy to find what you need. Learn more about Organizing Your Video Library.
The TechSmith Knowmia Recorder provides a simple, straightforward video creation experience that will allow users to easily create screencasts or webcam videos to put into their courses.
Advantages to this recorder include:
- You can view videos immediately after upload.
- You can record specific regions of your screen, as well as full-frame webcam videos. You can even switch between screen and webcam while you are recording.
- You don't need admin rights, and the recorder is a small download and a lightweight installation on any machine.
To reach the TechSmith Knowmia screen, click Course Activities and choose Knowmia.
TechSmith Knowmia is a lecture capture system that is integrated with D2L, allowing you to record and upload videos to share in your courses. TechSmith offers tutorials that cover Knowmia basics.
To Access TechSmith Knowmia
- Open a course in D2L.
- Click on Course Activities and choose Knowmia.
For information on recording in TechSmith Knowmia, see the following:
Your professor may have set up the Knowmia videos in your course to allow you to download them. If you download the videos, then you will be able to watch them at a later date even if you do not have an internet connection. If your professor has set this up, you can download the video by following the steps below.
Download Knowmia Videos
- Access the Knowmia video in your course content.
- Beneath the video, click the More link then click Download.
- Your video will download to the default location for your browser.