Students must complete the orientation successfully, with a score of 80% or better, before they are permitted to access their fully online or hybrid courses. Students who have not successfully completed the orientation have a “hold” on their D2L account – the hold is released when the orientation quiz is completed with an 80% or better score.
Students can retake the quiz until they attain a score of 80% or better.
Once your orientation quiz is completed with a score of 80% or better, your certificate appears as an Announcement and the hold is released.
What Is the Student Orientation for Online Courses?
- A short online orientation (about 1 hour) that prepares students to understand:
- What’s different about taking courses online versus in the classroom
- How to navigate the learning management system
- How to adjust study habits to promote success in online courses
- Additional resources at Lone Star that are available when students need help
Who Should Complete the Student Orientation for Online Courses?
- All students enrolled in fully online and hybrid courses are required to complete the Student Orientation for Online Courses before being able to access their courses in D2L.
- The Student Orientation for Online Courses is designed for quick completion—usually in less than an hour.
How Does the Student Orientation for Online Courses Work?
- Log into the myLoneStar portal.
- Click LSC-Online.
- Click Go to LSC-Online.
- Click Student Orientation for Online Courses.
The Student Orientation for Online Courses is in your course list.
- Work through the material in the Student Orientation for Online Courses.
- Take the short assessment at the end.
After you successfully score an 80% or higher on the assessment, you will be able to access your courses on or after the course start date.
Do I Have to Take the Student Orientation for Online Courses Every Semester?
- No. Students who have completed the orientation will not have to take it again until there is a major change in the course delivery system.
For Technical Assistance Call: 1-866-614-5014